(at time of publication)
- 1 cup alphabet or small-sized pasta (see variations — we used Diamond Footy Shapes)
- 1 tablespoon good-quality oil (we used macadamia)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen diced carrot
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cauliflower florets
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 420g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
1 Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside. Heat oil in a medium saucepan and stir-fry carrots and cauliflower until soft.
2 Add tomatoes and thyme and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and add cannellini beans.
3 Blend soup with a stick blender until smooth. Add 1—1 1/2 cups hot water to make a more soup-like consistency. Add pasta. Serve warm.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
- A dash of Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk will soften the tomato flavour (but it won’t be vegan).
- Try using diced kumara or pumpkin instead of carrots.
- Add a sliced mushroom to the veges for a different flavour.
- For a dash of green, sprinkle a tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley on the finished soup.
- Any small-sized pasta will do in this recipe, eg. orzo, small spirals or Diamond Dino (dinosaur) Shapes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us