Beef and eggplant in lettuce cups
- 1 ¼ cups brown or black rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 400g beef mince
- 2 cups broccoli, cut in small florets
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 medium eggplantaubergineXs, diced in 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (or more, to taste)
- 4 cups (about 16 leaves) baby cos lettuce leaves
1 Cook rice according to packet instructions.
2 Heat a large pan over a high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Cook spring onions, ginger and garlic for 1 minute, stirring, then add mince. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Add broccoli, capsicum and eggplant to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until eggplant is soft.
4 Add mince back to pan and stir to mix. Combine soy sauce and sugar with ¼ cup water. Add to pan with chilli flakes and mix well. Remove from heat.
5 Serve mince and eggplant mix with lettuce cups and rice on the side. Garnish with fresh chilli slices and shredded kaffir lime leaves, if preferred.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us