Beef kebabs with minty beetroot dip
(at time of publication)
- 8 small wooden skewers, pre-soaked
- 2 large (70g) wholemeal pita bread, cut in triangles
- 400g lean beef, cubed
- 5 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Mediterranean Paste Dip
- 250g cooked beetrootbeetsX, grated
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt or low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pita on a tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 5-10 minutes until crispy.
2 Meanwhile, prepare kebabs. Thread beef onto skewers. Spray with oil. Brush with 4 spoonfuls of paste. Mix all dip ingredients together with remaining paste. Season to taste.
3 Cook kebabs on BBQ or under a grill, turning once. Serve with dip, pita crisps and salad greens.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita bread and check yoghurt is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us