Beef kofta with Mediterranean salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 600g lean beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups mixed salad leaves
- 2 medium capsicums (1 red, 1 yellow), thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved, to serve
- ½ cup tzatziki, to serve
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets, warmed, to serve
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 In a bowl, combine mince, garlic, if using, and coriander. Shape mixture into 12 kofta sausages. Press almonds firmly into kofta, without completely coating.
2 In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Cook kofta for 7-8 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, combine salad leaves and capsicum. Serve kofta with salad, tomatoes, tzatziki and warmed pita pockets.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita bread or tortillas.
Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free bread or pitas. Make homemade tzatziki using lactose-free yoghurt, cucumber, garlic-infused oil, lemon juice and mint.
Uncooked kofta are suitable for freezing.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)