- 500g broccolini or broccoli, roughly chopped
- ½ medium-sized head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 medium-sized potato, roughly chopped
- 2 medium-sized onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 cups liquid reduced-salt vegetable stock
- ½ cup trim milk
- ½ cup (60g) freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra 2 tablespoons
- 4 cups boiling water
- ¼ cup (30g) finely chopped walnuts, toasted
1 Separate broccolini (or broccoli) stems from florets. Place florets and 1 cup of the cauliflower in a food processor and blend until mixture resembles rice. Set aside.
2 Combine broccolini stems and remaining cauliflower with potato, onions, garlic, thyme, stock, milk and parmesan in a large saucepan. Add boiling water and bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until soup thickens slightly and vegetables are tender.
3 Remove saucepan from heat. Purée soup with a stick blender until smooth. Return saucepan to a medium heat. Add reserved broccolini-cauliflower mixture and simmer for 3 more minutes or until soup is heated through.
4 Top soup with extra parmesan and walnuts then serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us