Chicken and orange-ginger quinoa salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 ¼ cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 ½ cups (300g) green beans or snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 4 cups (about 550g) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 x 75g large pita breads, toasted, halved
1 Place quinoa in a saucepan with ginger and 1¾ cups cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 12-15 minutes until water has evaporated. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, place beans in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 1 minute. Drain well.
3 Add beans or snow peas, chicken, capsicum, rocket and orange juice to quinoa and season with ground black pepper. Toss to combine. Serve with pita bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.