Chicken and orange-ginger quinoa salad
- 1 ¼ cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 ½ cups (300g) green beans or snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 4 cups (about 550g) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 x 75g large pita breads, toasted, halved
1 Place quinoa in a saucepan with ginger and 1¾ cups cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 12-15 minutes until water has evaporated. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, place beans in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 1 minute. Drain well.
3 Add beans or snow peas, chicken, capsicum, rocket and orange juice to quinoa and season with ground black pepper. Toss to combine. Serve with pita bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like