Chicken and vegetable souvlaki
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm dice
- 1 small green capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm dice
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 To make marinade, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic and oregano in a large non-metallic bowl. Add chicken. Cover, then marinade in fridge for 1 hour.
2 Thread chicken, capsicums and onion alternately on skewers. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium high.
3 Grill chicken and vegetable skewers for 4–6 minutes (2–3 minutes each side), or until cooked through. Serve.
Steamed rice and a green salad
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.