Chicken and vegetable souvlaki
(at time of publication)
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm dice
- 1 small green capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm dice
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
1 To make marinade, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic and oregano in a large non-metallic bowl. Add chicken. Cover, then marinade in fridge for 1 hour.
2 Thread chicken, capsicums and onion alternately on skewers. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium high.
3 Grill chicken and vegetable skewers for 4–6 minutes (2–3 minutes each side), or until cooked through. Serve.
Steamed rice and a green salad
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us