Chicken chickpea saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch black pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons or julienned
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, cut in chunks
- ½ cup green beans, blanched
- ¾ cup cooked chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX (if canned — drained, rinsed)
- ¾ cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup rocketarugulaX
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1 Combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Place dressing at the bottom of a 750ml-900ml jar.
2 Layer ingredients in jar in the order listed. Screw lid on tightly.
3 To eat, tip salad into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Make it low FODMAP: Use a maximum of 1/2 cup canned chickpeas.
- Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information