Chicken chickpea salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch black pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons or julienned
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup green beans, blanched
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX (if canned — drained, rinsed)
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup rocketarugulaX
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 16g
1 Combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Place dressing at the bottom of a 750ml-900ml jar.
2 Layer ingredients in jar in the order listed. Screw lid on tightly.
3 To eat, tip salad into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Make it low FODMAP: Use a maximum of 1/2 cup canned chickpeas.
- Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us