Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ leek, finely chopped, or 2 spring onions
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 Brussels sprouts, outer leaves peeled off and reserved, inner cores diced
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 200g chicken tenderloins, cut in chunks
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, to serve
- 3 slices of grainy bread, toasted, to serve
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium. Add garlic, leek, carrot and cores of Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
2 Add beans, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add extra water if needed. Add broccoli, chicken and celery salt and cook a further 5-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Add reserved Brussels sprouts leaves and stir through.
3 Serve soup garnished with parsley and parmesan, drizzled with remaining oil and toast on the side. Season with pepper.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check stock is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)