Honey soy chicken and broccoli stir-fry
Last updated date: 11 November 2022
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt, gluten-free tamari
- 2 x 250g pouches microwavable low-GI white rice, to serve
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cashews
1 Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan or wok with olive oil and heat over high heat. Add vegetables and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2 Lightly re-spray pan with olive oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until browned. Add honey, tamari and cooked vegetables and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and chicken is cooked through.
3 Heat rice according to packet instructions. Add cashews to stir-fry, then serve with rice.
Want to give this stir-fry extra flavour? Add a teaspoon each of crushed ginger and crushed garlic in step 2.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.3g
–Saturated fat 2.5g
Dietary fibre 9.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.