- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ leek, finely chopped, or 2 spring onions
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 Brussels sprouts, outer leaves peeled off and reserved, inner cores diced
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 200g chicken tenderloins, cut in chunks
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, to serve
- 3 slices of grainy bread, toasted, to serve
1 In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium. Add garlic, leek, carrot and cores of Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
2 Add beans, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add extra water if needed. Add broccoli, chicken and celery salt and cook a further 5-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Add reserved Brussels sprouts leaves and stir through.
3 Serve soup garnished with parsley and parmesan, drizzled with remaining oil and toast on the side. Season with pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 14g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check stock is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us