Chickpea and egg burgers
- Burger patties
- 2 x 390g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons Peri Peri sauce
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons chopped peppadew peppersbell peppersX
- ⅔ cup Cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 free range Egg
- salt and black Pepper, season
- Side salad
- 1 mango, peeled, diced
- 1 small cucumber, grated
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, spiralised
- 2 tablespoons garlic mayonnaise
- Burger extras
- cooking spray oil
- 6 free range eggs
- 6 tablespoons garlic mayonnaise
- 6 wholegrain round bread rolls, halved
- 3 cups salad mix
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- Place all burger patty ingredients in food processor and process until they form a chunky texture. Divide mixture in 6 even-sized balls. Wet hands and form in patties. Makes quite wet patties, so cover and chill for at least 1 hour (or overnight) before cooking.
- Meanwhile, place all salad ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- When ready to eat, spray a hot frying pan with oil and cook burger patties for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until golden.
- Spray pan again with oil and fry eggs gently.
- To assemble burgers, spread 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise on each bread roll bottom half. Top with salad mix followed by tomato, burger pattie and fried egg. Top with the other bread roll half and serve with side salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information