Chicken and corn soup with Asian omelette
- 1²⁄³ cups reduced-salt gluten-free chicken stock
- 2 x 420g cans creamed corn
- 1 x 420g can no-added-salt corn sweetcornXkernels, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt gluten-free tamari
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced, plus extra, to garnish
- ¹⁄³ cup coriandercilantroX leaves, plus extra, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1 long green chilli, sliced
1 Combine stock, ¾ cup of water, creamed corn and corn kernels in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, then stir in half the chicken and the tamari. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, put a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Combine the whisked eggs with 2 tablespoons of water in a jug. Add half of the egg to pan, tilting to cover base. Scatter with half of the shallots and half the coriander. Cook for 3 minutes, or until just set at centre and golden underneath. Fold in half to form a semi-circle and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining egg mixture, shallots and coriander to make a second omelette. Cut each omelette in wedges.
3 Ladle soup into four serving bowls. Top with remaining chicken and garnish with the coriander, shallots, sesame seeds and chilli. Serve soup with omelette.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.7g
–Saturated fat 3.4g
Dietary fibre 10.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information