(at time of publication)
- 4 small to medium ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups trim milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 150g dark chocolate (see tip)
- In a food processor, place bananas, lemon juice, milk and vanilla and blitz until smooth. Pour mixture evenly into 10 x 1/3-cup (80ml) capacity ice block moulds. Freeze ice blocks overnight, or until firm.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute on high (see tip). Be careful not to overheat it. Stir well until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Remove the ice blocks from moulds. Dip tips into melted chocolate. Serve straight away or place on a tray lined with baking paper and refreeze.
Make it vegan: Use almond milk and check chocolate is vegan.
Use good-quality chocolate with 70 per cent or more cocoa.
You can also melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
If the moulds you’re using don’t have a stick or handle, cover mould opening with tinfoil and poke stick through into pop mixture before freezing. The foil holds the stick in place.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us