- 4 small to medium ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups trim milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 150g dark chocolate (see tip)
- In a food processor, place bananas, lemon juice, milk and vanilla and blitz until smooth. Pour mixture evenly into 10 x 1/3-cup (80ml) capacity ice block moulds. Freeze ice blocks overnight, or until firm.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute on high (see tip). Be careful not to overheat it. Stir well until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Remove the ice blocks from moulds. Dip tips into melted chocolate. Serve straight away or place on a tray lined with baking paper and refreeze.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
Make it vegan: Use almond milk and check chocolate is vegan.
Use good-quality chocolate with 70 per cent or more cocoa.
You can also melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
If the moulds you’re using don’t have a stick or handle, cover mould opening with tinfoil and poke stick through into pop mixture before freezing. The foil holds the stick in place.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us