(at time of publication)
- 100g reduced-fat spread
- ½ cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons LSA (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
1 In a large bowl combine spread, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
2 Shape into a ball and place on a large square of plastic wrap. Roll into a sausage shape and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
3 Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight if possible. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 180ºC and line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
4 Remove plastic wrap and cut into 15 rounds using a sharp knife. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and leave on baking tray for 5 minutes to cool.
5 Remove carefully and place on a wire rack to cool.
This cookie base recipe (with a few changes) easily makes these three delicious variations:
- The cookie dough can be frozen in its log shape. Just defrost before cutting and baking.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.