Oats, coconut and sultana cookies
- 100g reduced-fat spread
- ½ cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 2 tablespoons LSA (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 In a large bowl combine spread, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg, flour, oats, LSA and milk. Mix well then fold in remaining ingredients.
2 Shape into a ball and place on a large square of plastic wrap. Roll into a sausage shape and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
3 Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight if possible. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 180ºC and line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
4 Remove plastic wrap and cut into 15 rounds using a sharp knife. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and leave on baking tray for 5 minutes to cool.
5 Remove carefully and place on a wire rack to cool.
- The cookie dough can be frozen in its log shape. Just defrost before cutting and baking.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.