Courgette ‘pasta’ with fresh tomato sauce and spicy sardinesReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, julienned or spiralised
- 2 small cans sardines in hot sauce
- ½ avocado, diced
- In a large pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium. Add chives, garlic, capsicum and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir through spinach leaves. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add remaining olive oil. Add courgettes and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until softened and a little browned.
- Divide courgette ‘pasta’ between plates and top with sardines, tomato sauce and avocado.
Make it gluten free: Check sardines are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $97. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 33g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information