Courgette ‘pasta’ with fresh tomato sauce and spicy sardines
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, julienned or spiralised
- 2 small cans sardines in hot sauce
- ½ avocado, diced
- In a large pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium. Add chives, garlic, capsicum and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir through spinach leaves. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add remaining olive oil. Add courgettes and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until softened and a little browned.
- Divide courgette ‘pasta’ between plates and top with sardines, tomato sauce and avocado.
Make it gluten free: Check sardines are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $97. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
You might also be interested in our guide to choosing canned fish.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 33g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.