Courgette ‘pasta’ with fresh tomato sauce and spicy sardines
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, julienned or spiralised
- 2 small cans sardines in hot sauce
- ½ avocado, diced
- In a large pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium. Add chives, garlic, capsicum and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir through spinach leaves. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add remaining olive oil. Add courgettes and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until softened and a little browned.
- Divide courgette ‘pasta’ between plates and top with sardines, tomato sauce and avocado.
Make it gluten free: Check sardines are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $97. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 33g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us