Crispy fish bites with wedges and slaw
(at time of publication)
- 4-5 kumarasweet-potatoX (900g), scrubbed and cut into wedges
- spray oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 100g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dukkah
- 720g white fish fillets, such as trevally, cut into chunks
- ½ red cabbage, shredded
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 4 peppadews, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Garden Gourmet Mediterranean paste
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- squeeze of lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. On the first, arrange wedges and spray with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine eggs with oil. In another shallow bowl, combine crumbs and dukkah. Dip fish into egg mix, then the crumb mix. Place on the second prepared tray and bake for 15-25 minutes, until cooked, turning once.
3 Meanwhile, in a bowl combine cabbage, spring onion, carrots and peppadew. In a small bowl or cup, whisk yoghurt, paste, gherkins and lemon juice together then add to slaw and toss lightly. Season.
4 Serve fish bites with wedges, slaw, lemon wedges and parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check paste and dukkah are gluten free.
The slaw can be made in advance and kept in the fridge.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information