Crumbed chicken with rocket salad and wedgesReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 400g kumarasweet-potatoX, cut in wedges
- ¼ cup (25g) dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (35g) cashews, dry toasted, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 8 (500g total) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- spray oil
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, segmented
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette (made with 2 parts vinegar, such as balsamic, to 1 part olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place kumara on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
2 Meanwhile, place breadcrumbs, cashews and parsley in a bowl. Mix. Place milk in a separate bowl. Dip each tenderloin in milk then breadcrumb mixture and transfer to a plate.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
4 Meanwhile, combine rocket, spinach, shallots and orange in a large bowl. Whisk together vinaigrette and mustard. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve chicken with salad and kumara wedges.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and mustard.
If you're still peckish, add a punnet of cherry tomatoes for just 40kJ more per person.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information