Choc jaffa balls
- 1⅓ cups pitted dates, chopped into small pieces
- zest 2 oranges and ⅓ freshly squeezed juice
- ¾ cup oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- your choice of coating (see variations)
1 In a bowl, soak the dates in the orange juice for a few min, turning them so they’re evenly soaked.
2 Pulse the oats and cashew nuts in a food processor for 30 sec. Add the soaked dates and orange juice, then add the cacao powder and the orange zest. Blend for about 2 min until the mixture has a smooth texture.
3 Roll the mixture into small balls, about the size of a small brussels sprout, and roll in your chosen coating (see below). The ball will keep, covered, in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Choose your favourite coating…
- Roll the balls in 1/3 cup desiccated coconut (456kj in total per ball)
- Melt 2/3 cup dark chocolate with the zest of ½ orange. Dip the balls in one at a time and leave on a tray lined with baking paper to harden (502kj in total per ball)
- Mix 1/4 cup desiccated coconut and 1 tablespoon freeze-dried raspberry powder together in a bowl, then roll the balls in the mixture (418kj in total per ball)
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3.6g
–Saturated fat 0.9g
Dietary fibre 1.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information