Dan’s oven-baked frittata
- 400g potatoes, chopped lengthways
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 100g shaved lean ham, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 130g fresh baby spinach
- 5 eggs
- 200ml trim milk
- 1 dried or fresh chilli (with or without seeds)
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 80g feta, cut in small cubes
1 Preheat fanbake oven to 200°C. Place potatoes, oil and half the ham in a family pie-sized oven dish. Toss to coat in oil. Roast for 30 minutes, or until potato is golden.
2 Cook onion in a small pan until transparent. Add onion, spinach and remaining ham to pie dish.
3 In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Add chilli and parsley. Pour egg mixture into pie dish then sprinkle feta on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until egg is set and top is golden.Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Dan Massie (24, sales executive)
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Frittatas are great and very easy to change by adding different meats and vegetables. Almost anything works!”
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free ham.
Dan says: "I like the simplicity of a frittata – and you can change a couple of ingredients to give you a completely different meal. One dish makes for a small clean-up, too. Bonus!"
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us