Chicken and courgette ‘noodles’ with lemon pesto
- ⅓ cup store-bought basil pesto (check it's gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200g gluten-free spaghetti
- 3 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced into thin ‘noodles’ (see tip)
- 500g chicken breast stir-fry strips
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Scatter the tomatoes over tray. Spray with oil and season with cracked black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just blistered.
2 Mix the pesto and lemon juice. Toss a third of the pesto mixture through the chicken to marinate, and set remaining pesto aside.
3 Cook pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
4 Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Add the courgette noodles to the pan and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, or until just tender.
5 Toss chicken, tomatoes and remaining lemon pesto through spaghetti and courgette noodles. Divide among 4 serving plates, and sprinkle with pine nuts and shaved parmesan, to serve.
Use a spiraliser or V-slicer to cut courgette, or slice with a peeler. You can also buy courgette ‘noodles’ at your supermarket.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21.9g
–Saturated fat 4.5g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information