Easy kedgeree with leeks and cauliflowerReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup 2cm-diced kumarasweet-potatoX
- 250g hot smoked fish (white fish, salmon, or tinned)
- spray oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, grated or blended until it resembles rice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- In a pot of water set over a high heat, bring kumara to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Pick any bones from fish, remove skin, flake.
- Spray a large, deep, heavy-based non-stick frying pan with oil, set over a medium heat and fry leek for 3 minutes to soften. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add tomatoes, rice, cauliflower and a little water, if necessary, to loosen mix. Add fish and peas and cook for 15 minutes.
- To serve, divide among four plates with egg halves on top. Garnish with fresh coriander and lemon wedges, if you like.
Make it gluten free: Check smoked fish and curry powder are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information