Grilled chicken with fresh summer salad
- 4 x 125g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons sumac or paprika, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 large telegraph cucumber, diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- oil spray
1 Sprinkle chicken with sumac or paprika. Set aside. To make chickpea salad, place chickpeas in a large bowl. Crush lightly with a fork, still keeping a lot of texture. Add cucumber, tomatoes, mint and feta. Season with pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes each side until golden brown and cooked through.
3 Sprinkle chickpea salad with extra sumac or paprika and divide between serving plates. Serve with grilled chicken.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 11g
Squeeze some lemon juice over chickpea salad and chicken before serving.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us