Grilled chicken with mango salsa and bean salad
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets
- 2 small ripe mangoes, peeled, stonepitX removed, diced
- 1 fresh long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped coriandercilantroX leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus 2 teaspoons extra
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- ½ medium ripe avocado, peeled, stonepitX removed, chopped
- 2 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated
- 200g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Cut each chicken breast fillet through the middle horizontally to create 4 thin fillets. In a medium bowl, combine diced mango, chopped chilli, onion, coriander and lime juice and set aside.
2 Preheat barbecue hotplate or grill pan to medium-high heat. Spray chicken lightly with olive oil and grill for 2–3 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine black beans, the avocado, cos lettuce and tomatoes. Combine extra lime juice with 2 teaspoons olive oil, pour over salad and toss well to combine.
4 Serve the chicken with mango salsa and black bean salad.
How to get the heat right: Grilling at high heat seals in flavours and juices, reducing the need for butter, oil or sauces. Start with your grill on high, and after your meat has been cooking approximately 1–2 minutes, turn the heat down to ensure it doesn’t burn.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.8g
–Saturated fat 4.1g
Dietary fibre 11.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us