Grilled herb and paprika chicken with summer veg pasta
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons lightly dried basil or oregano (we used Gourmet Garden) or chopped fresh
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, halved
- 3 red or yellow capsicums, halved
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 8 spears asparagus, halved lengthways
- 300g orzo or risoni pasta
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 ½ cups sweet corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- 50g crumbled feta, to serve
- fresh basil or oregano, to serve
- In a shallow non-metallic dish, combine garlic, herbs, paprika, and half of the oil, lemon zest and juice. Add chicken thighs and leave to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, place capsicum and red onion. Bake for 25 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for a further 7-10 minutes. Remove vegetables and, when cool enough to handle, peel capsicum and tear into chunks.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 5-7 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving a little of the pasta water. Transfer to a large serving bowl to cool.
- Strain the chicken, reserving the marinade. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle to medium. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes, turning once, adding some of the reserved marinade halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- To the bowl of pasta, add cooled roasted vegetables, cucumber, spring onions and sweetcorn and mix well. In a small bowl, combine remaining oil with balsamic vinegar and remaining lemon zest and juice. Toss through pasta. Arrange chicken pieces over the top. Season with black pepper and sprinkle with feta and herbs. Cover and keep chilled until serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
The longer the chicken is marinated, the more intense the flavour will be.
The pasta and vegetable salad part of this dish can be made in advance and kept chilled.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us