Hoisin chicken rolls
Time to make: 40 mins
( Hands-on time: 30 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6 (about 450g) chicken tenderloins, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, julienned
- 1/2 bunch small radishes, washed, trimmed, finely sliced
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 250g packet microwavable brown rice, cooked
- 2 medium yellow capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pickled ginger, drained
- Dipping sauce
- 4 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Put chicken and hoisin sauce in a bowl. Toss to coat. Preheat a barbecue hotplate or grill pan to high heat. Cook chicken for 6–8 minutes per side, or until tender and cooked through. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
2 Fill a bowl three-quarters full with lukewarm water. Working with 1 wrapper at a time, fully immerse in water for 30 seconds. Use your fingertips to gently press down so ends don’t curl up. Lay wrapper flat on a damp tea towel.
3 Scatter a few Thai basil leaves, cucumber and radish slices over the centre of the wrapper in a rectangular shape. Top with baby spinach, chicken, carrot, brown rice, capsicum and ginger. Fold the end closest to you over the filling, then fold in the sides and roll up. Lightly splash water on a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Rest the roll on the damp baking paper so it won’t dry out. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling to make 12 rolls.
4 To make dipping sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve with rice paper rolls.
Make it gluten free: Check hoisin sauce and sauces in dipping sauce are gluten free.
- Rice paper rolls will keep for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Cover with a piece of damp non-stick baking paper to prevent them drying out.
- Dipping sauce will keep in the fridge for 3 days.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us