Japanese soba noodle salad
- 270g dried soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 bunch asparagus or green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons mirin (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 150g hot smoked salmon fillet, skin removed, flaked
- 1 telegraph cucumber, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 cups (95g) baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
1 Cook soba noodles following packet directions. Rinse under cold running water. Drain. Toss with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Set aside to cool completely.
2 Blanch asparagus or beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, or until bright green. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
3 To make dressing, place mirin, lime juice, soy sauce and remaining sesame oil in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
4 Place cooled noodles, asparagus, salmon, cucumber, spinach and dressing in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Divide noodles among 4 plates. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Mirin is Japanese rice wine. You can substitute mirin with sherry, or white wine with a bit of dissolved sugar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like