Lentil and haloumi salad with pomegranate dressingReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 500g kumarasweet-potatoX, chopped in 2cm chunks
- 2 cups pumpkin pieces, chopped in 2cm chunks
- 2 carrots, chopped in 2cm chunks
- 2 cups kale or silver beet leaves only, chopped in 3cm pieces
- 2 x 400g cans lentils in spring water, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup mixed fresh mint and fresh parsley
- 120g haloumi cheese, sliced in 2cm cubes
- 2 lemons, grated zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (see tip)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place kumara, pumpkin and carrots in a microwave-proof bowl and cover with a plate. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove and place in a baking dish lined with baking paper. Spray with oil and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and soft. After 20 minutes add kale or silver beet to baking dish and spread out. Roast for 5-8 minutes until crispy.
2 Meanwhile, combine lentils and fresh herb mix in a large bowl and mix well. Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3 Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Cook haloumi slices for about 2 minutes, until golden on both sides. Remove from pan, allow to rest for 1 minute then slice each slice into 4 chunks. Set aside.
4 Remove vegetables from oven. Add to lentil mixture. Add dressing and mix well.
5 Serve lentil salad topped with haloumi. Garnish with extra herbs and lemon zest if your prefer.
Find pomegranate molasses in the gourmet or deli section in your supermarket. If you can’t find it, use 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar instead.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information