Lime and chilli chicken miso soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon miso paste (or 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon finely julienned fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup (140g) cooked, shredded chicken
- 200g shelf-fresh udon noodles
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves or chopped silver beet
- 1 lime, halved
- hot sauce, to serve (optional)
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a large pot over a high heat, combine miso paste and 3 cups water (if using stock add just 2 cups water) and stir. Add ginger, chilli and broccoli. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and noodles and cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach leaves and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and add zest and juice from 1 half of the lime. Serve soup with hot sauce (if using) and extra lime on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check miso paste or stock is gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $67. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us