Chicken korma made healthier
- 1 cup brown rice
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 450g skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1¼ cups hot reduced-salt chicken stock
- ⅓ cup ground almonds
- 150g snow peas, thinly sliced lengthways
- ¼ cup extra-light soft cheese (like ricotta)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted
1 Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then drain.
2 Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large pan, then cook the onion for 2–3 min. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the chicken chunks and stir-fry for 4–5 min until they start to brown. Stir in the curry powder and cook for 2 min.
3 Add the stock and ground almonds and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 min until the sauce is creamy and the chicken cooked. Add the mangetout and cook for 5 min. Stir in the cheese and coriander, then season with ground black pepper.
4 Serve the curry with the brown rice, sprinkled with the toasted flaked almonds.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.4g
–Saturated fat 1.9g
Dietary fibre 5.2g
Last updated date: 30 November 2020
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information