Lime and chilli chicken miso soup
- 1 tablespoon miso paste (or 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon finely julienned fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup (140g) cooked, shredded chicken
- 200g shelf-fresh udon noodles
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves or chopped silver beet
- 1 lime, halved
- hot sauce, to serve (optional)
- In a large pot over a high heat, combine miso paste and 3 cups water (if using stock add just 2 cups water) and stir. Add ginger, chilli and broccoli. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and noodles and cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach leaves and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and add zest and juice from 1 half of the lime. Serve soup with hot sauce (if using) and extra lime on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check miso paste or stock is gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $67. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us