Oregano chicken with warm tomato and olive salsa
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets, each cut horizontally to form 2 smaller fillets
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 500g ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 230g jar pitted green olives, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons drained capers
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges, to serve
- 80g mixed baby salad leaves
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
1 Place the chicken on a plate. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with oregano.
2 Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook onion, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the olives and the capers. Toss to combine. Season with cracked black pepper. Remove from heat.
3 Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, place couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover the couscous with 1 cup of boiling water, stir once, and cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Set aside for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff the couscous with a fork. Stir in lemon zest and half of the juice.
5 Place the baby salad leaves, 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the remaining lemon juice in a bowl. Season with pepper and toss to combine. Divide the couscous among four serving plates. Top with the chicken and then the warm salsa. Scatter over with feta and basil. Serve with salad and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18.5g
–Saturated fat 3.9g
Dietary fibre 6.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information