Chicken and vegetable tray bake
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1cm chunks
- ¾ cup celeriac, cut into 1cm chunks
- 1 red onion, chopped into wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless free-range chicken thighs, cut in half
- finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 8 broccolini, halved lengthways if thick
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and flatleaf parsley, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/gas 6. Toss the carrot, celeriac and onion chunks with ½ teaspoon of the olive oil in a roasting tin. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the remaining oil and the lemon zest. Arrange the chicken and red capsicum slices on top of the vegetables. Put the tin in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
2 Add the broccoli to the roasting tin, toss everything together and roast for another 10 min until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Add lemon juice to taste, then scatter over the herbs and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.1g
–Saturated fat 1.3g
Dietary fibre 7.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.