Vegetarian burgers with sweet chilli sauce
- spray oil
- 1 cup sweet potato/ kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled and grated
- 1 cup courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated and excess water squeezed out
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 vegetarian sausages, chopped
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 seeded bread rolls, halved horizontally
- 1 onion, sliced, to serve
- 2 tomatoes, sliced, to serve
- 1 small avocado, sliced, to serve
- 3 cups watercress, to serve
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, to serve
1 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the kumara and courgette and cook for 3–4 min until soft and quite dry. Add the garlic, soy sauce and parsley and cook for 30 sec. Set aside.
2 Whiz the sausages and egg to a paste in a food processor, then mix through the breadcrumbs and kumara mixture. Shape into 4 burger patties.
3 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the burgers to the hot pan and cook for 4–5 min on each side (turn only when cooked on one side so the burgers don’t break up in the pan) until cooked through. Meanwhile, toast the rolls.
4 To serve, fill each roll with a burger, sliced onion, tomato and avocado, and watercress and sweet chilli sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15.3g
–Saturated fat 2.5g
Dietary fibre 7.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information