Pesto platter snacksReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- Kale and spinach pesto
- ¾ cup basil leaves
- 2 cups kale
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup almond flakes
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- To serve
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 200g baby carrots
- 1 red or yellow capsicum, sliced in sticks
- 2 sticks celery, cut in sticks
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 spinach-flavoured wrap (we used Farrah’s) warmed, rolled and cut in slices
1 Place all pesto ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Season with pepper to taste and add more water if needed.
2 Serve dip with baby veges and warmed wrap slices.
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free wrap.
The pesto can be kept in the fridge for 3 days. It’s also delicious served with pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information