Plum, ginger and oat flapjacks
Time to make: 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 150g reduced-fat spread
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds (we used sesame, sunflower and pumpkin)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 70g ground almonds
- 1 cup pitted plums (we used Wattie’s canned plums, drained), roughly chopped
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C and line a square baking tray (20.5cm x 20.5cm x 4.5cm) with non-stick baking paper.
2 In a small pan, melt spread, honey and vanilla until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
3 In a large bowl combine oats, seeds, ginger and almonds and mix well. Pour melted honey mixture into dry mixture and stir until combined.
4 Fold plums into mixture and pour into baking tray. Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool and slice into 20 pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
For a change, replace ground ginger with ground cinnamon.