Prosciutto-wrapped beef with creamy silver beet
- 4 thin slices prosciutto*
- 4 x 150g beef fillet steaks
- cooking oil spray
- 4 field mushrooms
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 6 large silver beet leaves, centre vein and stalks removed, finely chopped
- 100g low-fat cottage cheese
- 100g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around the edge of each beef steak. Secure with a toothpick. Lightly spray all over with cooking oil.
2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned.
3 Place mushrooms in a large roasting pan. Lightly spray with oil. Cook in a preheated oven for 5 minutes. Arrange beef and tomatoes on top and lightly spray with oil. Cook in oven for 12-15 minutes for a medium steak and tender mushrooms and tomatoes. Remove from oven. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
4 Meanwhile, wash silver beet and place in a large saucepan. Add cheeses, spring onion and garlic. Cover and place over low heat. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat and season with black pepper.
5 Spoon silver beet on to serving plates. Top with a mushroom, steak and tomatoes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us