Prosciutto-wrapped beef with creamy silver beet
(at time of publication)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto*
- 4 x 150g beef fillet steaks
- cooking oil spray
- 4 field mushrooms
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 6 large silver beet leaves, centre vein and stalks removed, finely chopped
- 100g low-fat cottage cheese
- 100g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around the edge of each beef steak. Secure with a toothpick. Lightly spray all over with cooking oil.
2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned.
3 Place mushrooms in a large roasting pan. Lightly spray with oil. Cook in a preheated oven for 5 minutes. Arrange beef and tomatoes on top and lightly spray with oil. Cook in oven for 12-15 minutes for a medium steak and tender mushrooms and tomatoes. Remove from oven. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
4 Meanwhile, wash silver beet and place in a large saucepan. Add cheeses, spring onion and garlic. Cover and place over low heat. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat and season with black pepper.
5 Spoon silver beet on to serving plates. Top with a mushroom, steak and tomatoes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us