(at time of publication)
- 750g lean beef mince
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 3 sheets ready-rolled reduced-fat puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- spray oil
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place mince in a large bowl and add courgette, carrot, onion, paprika and oregano. Season mixture with salt, then add sauces, vinegar and egg and combine. Add oats and mix well together using dampened hands.
2 Cut sheets of puff pastry in half widthwise. Place a thick line of the mince mixture along the middle of the length of pastry, dampen the edges with water, then roll it up.
3 Cut the length into 5 sausage rolls and place rolls on a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining mixture and pastry sheets.
4 Brush sausage rolls with milk and spray with a little oil. Make a small slit in the top of each roll. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remember, ovens are hot so wear your oven mitts and ask someone older to help.
- Keep pastry sheets chilled in the fridge until you are ready to use each one.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.