Spaghetti with capers, anchovies and Brussels sprouts
- 300g angel-hair pasta
- 500g fresh or frozen
- Brussels sprouts
- 45g anchovies in extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons baby capers in vinegar, drained, rinsed
- 1 lemon: 1 tablespoon finely grated zest and ¼ cup juice
1 Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook pasta following packet directions or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pan.
2 Meanwhile, bring a separate large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain, slice and add to pasta.
3 Drain olive oil from anchovies into a medium-sized frying pan set over a medium-low heat. Chop anchovies in fine strips and add to pan with onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add capers, lemon zest and juice. Cook for 1 minute or until mixture is heated through.
4 Add reserved pasta water and anchovy mixture to pasta. Toss to combine and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
- To make a quick and easy pasta puttanesca, add a jar of passata, a handful of pitted black olives and a pinch of dried chilli flakes at step 3.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us