Spaghetti with capers, anchovies and Brussels sprouts
(at time of publication)
- 300g angel-hair pasta
- 500g fresh or frozen
- Brussels sprouts
- 45g anchovies in extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons baby capers in vinegar, drained, rinsed
- 1 lemon: 1 tablespoon finely grated zest and ¼ cup juice
1 Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook pasta following packet directions or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pan.
2 Meanwhile, bring a separate large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain, slice and add to pasta.
3 Drain olive oil from anchovies into a medium-sized frying pan set over a medium-low heat. Chop anchovies in fine strips and add to pan with onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add capers, lemon zest and juice. Cook for 1 minute or until mixture is heated through.
4 Add reserved pasta water and anchovy mixture to pasta. Toss to combine and serve.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
- To make a quick and easy pasta puttanesca, add a jar of passata, a handful of pitted black olives and a pinch of dried chilli flakes at step 3.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us