Sweetie treatie fruit skewers
(at time of publication)
- 1 orange (to use as a base)
- 20x20cm long skewers
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled (or other fruit of your choice)
- 1 small bunch seedless grapes
- 1 small pineapple
- 20 licorice allsorts (or other large chunky lolliessweets, candyX like giant jelly beans, jet planes or Eskimos)
- 20 marshmallows, pink and white
1 Cut a slice from one end of the orange and place it cut side down in a shallow bowl. A noodle or soup bowl is ideal.
Cut the pineapple into thick slices. Cut each slice in half and remove the skin and core. Then cut the fruit into big chunks. Rinse the strawberries and remove the stems.
1 Thread the skewers, alternating several chunks of fruit with a sweet. When each skewer is assembled it should have at least one of every variety of fruit, one marshmallow and one lolly. Spike the filled skewer into the orange and continue to assemble the remaining skewers.
1 Vary the order of the items from skewer to skewer so they look more interesting. Avoid having a marshmallow at the very bottom as it will absorb fruit juices that leak out and will disintegrate.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1.3g
–Saturated fat 0.8g
Dietary fibre 1.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.