Tandoori fish with cucumber salsa and steamed greens
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus 2 teaspoons extra
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped or use
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups steamed basmati rice
- 4 cups steamed greens
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice and spices in a large, shallow non-metallic bowl and stir to combine. Add fish fillets and stir to coat. Remove fish from yoghurt mix and place on a wire rack over a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
2 While fish is cooking make cucumber salsa. Combine cucumber, chilli, onion and extra lemon juice.
3 Divide fish among four serving plates, top with salsa and serve with rice and greens.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.