Tasty fish tacos
(at time of publication)
- 450g ling fillets
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ¼–½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ¼–½ teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ red or green cabbage, shredded very finely
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- Chipotle yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- ½ cup low-fat yoghurt
- To serve
- 8 wholegrain tortillas, warmed
- lemon wedges
1 Cut fish into 2cm pieces and mix together with spring onion, spices, oil and lemon juice. Set to one side.
2 Mix all coleslaw ingredients together and chill. Mix chipotle sauce and yoghurt together. Chill.
3 When ready to eat, place a pan on a high heat. Strain fish and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, in batches, until lightly golden. Use a little spray oil if necessary in the pan.
4 Warm the tortillas and arrange on a platter with the coleslaw, yoghurt and fish bites. Let everyone help themselves. Fill tortillas with some coleslaw, top with fish and yoghurt, and add a squeeze of lemon.
- Add between 1/4–1/2 teaspoon of the chilli and coriander, depending on how spicy you like it.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tortillas and check ground spices and chipotle sauce are gluten free.
All elements can be made ahead and chilled, making it a perfect dish for relaxed eating.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.