Falafel wraps with hummus and pickled cucumber
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- ½ cup wholemeal couscous
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 225g packet falafels
- 4 large wholemeal Lebanese breads
- 225g hummus
- 60g baby spinach leaves, to serve
1 Cover a baking tray with paper towels. Lay cucumber slices on top and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 5 minutes to draw out moisture. Transfer to a small bowl. Add vinegar and set aside to pickle for 10 minutes. Drain.
2 Meanwhile, place couscous and ½ cup boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Cover with tea towel and set aside for 5 minutes or until water has absorbed. Using a fork, fluff up couscous. Add tomato, parsley, lemon zest and juice, gently stirring to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Heat falafels in microwave for 45–60 seconds or until warm.
4 Place one pita bread on each serving plate. Spread with hummus, then serve topped with couscous, falafels, pickled cucumber and baby spinach.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14.6g
–Saturated fat 1.8g
Dietary fibre 17.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.