Thai coconut noodles
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon Thai curry paste
- ¼ cup lite coconut milk
- dash fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 cup frozen stir-fry veges
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup cooked shredded chicken
- 125g rice noodles
- fresh chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sliced spring onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Mix curry paste, coconut milk and fish sauce together and mix well.
2 Layer all ingredients except last three in a 750ml capacity or larger jar in the order above. Keep last three ingredients in a separate container.
3 When ready to eat, open the jar, fill with boiling water and close and seal the lid. Leave to soak for 2 minutes.
4 Open the jar, stir noodles well and tip into a bowl, if desired. Top with spring onions, chilli and coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce and curry paste are gluten free.
- Use ‘shelf-fresh’ noodles, which are precooked and just need to be heated by pouring over boiling water. Break up with a fork before adding to the jar.
- You could also use noodles from instant noodle packs, but check the labels on these — some contain palm oil, which makes them high in saturated fat.
- Or use noodles you’ve precooked. Run them under cold water before packing in the jar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us