Tofu miso soup
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded nori (about 1 sheet)
- 5cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups chopped bok choy, broccoli and asparagus
- 100g fresh Asian mushrooms (shiitake or oyster), sliced
- 300g firm tofu, cubed
- 120g rice noodles
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 1/2 cups water to the boil. Reduce heat, add miso and stir. Add nori, ginger, spring onions, greens, mushrooms and tofu. Cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add a little chilli oil, chilli flakes or squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
- Divide soup between 2 bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander if you like.
Make it vegan: Check miso is vegan.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us