Tofu miso soup
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded nori (about 1 sheet)
- 5cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups chopped bok choy, broccoli and asparagus
- 100g fresh Asian mushrooms (shiitake or oyster), sliced
- 300g firm tofu, cubed
- 120g rice noodles
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 1/2 cups water to the boil. Reduce heat, add miso and stir. Add nori, ginger, spring onions, greens, mushrooms and tofu. Cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add a little chilli oil, chilli flakes or squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
- Divide soup between 2 bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander if you like.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it vegan: Check miso is vegan.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us