Tuna, corn and onion toasties with vege chips
Time to make: 10 mins , plus, 30 minutes for the chips
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 medium beetrootbeetsX, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, thinly sliced
- spray oil
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- sprinkling chilli flakes, plus extra for toastie filling
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- 8 slices rye, soda or wholegrain bread
- 1 1/3 cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Mediterranean paste
- 1 small cucumber, grated
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Preheat oven to 190ºC. On a couple of baking sheets, arrange beetroot and broccoli and spray with oil. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and chilli flakes. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Heat a toasted sandwich maker or grill pan. In a bowl, combine tuna, corn, spring onion, zest, pepper and more chilli and coriander.
- On the sandwich maker, place a slice of bread and spoon on a quarter of the filling. Top with another bread slice. Spray with oil. Repeat with remaining bread and filling. Toast until lightly golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine yoghurt with garlic, paste and cucumber. Serve toasties with chips and dip.
The filling can be made ahead and kept chilled in the fridge.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us