Tuna, corn and onion toasties with vege chips
(at time of publication)
- 2 medium beetrootbeetsX, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, thinly sliced
- spray oil
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- sprinkling chilli flakes, plus extra for toastie filling
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon zest of lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- 8 slices rye soda or wholegrain bread
- 1 ⅓ cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Mediterranean paste
- 1 small cucumber, grated
- Preheat oven to 190ºC. On a couple of baking sheets, arrange beetroot and broccoli and spray with oil. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and chilli flakes. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Heat a toasted sandwich maker or grill pan. In a bowl, combine tuna, corn, spring onion, zest, pepper and more chilli and coriander.
- On the sandwich maker, place a slice of bread and spoon on a quarter of the filling. Top with another bread slice. Spray with oil. Repeat with remaining bread and filling. Toast until lightly golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine yoghurt with garlic, paste and cucumber. Serve toasties with chips and dip.
The filling can be made ahead and kept chilled in the fridge.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information