Tuna pasta bake
- 400g small pasta (such as risoni)
- 25g reduced-fat spread
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups trim milk
- 1 cup freshly grated reduced-fat cheese
- 2 x 180g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2 To make sauce, melt spread in a pan. Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute then gradually add milk to make a thick sauce. Remove from heat and stir in herbs and half the cheese.
3 Add drained pasta to sauce with remaining ingredients. Spoon into baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve sprinkled with parsley and Warm winter salad on the side (see tip).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
Serve with Warm winter salad (see tip).
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and gluten-free cornflour instead of flour.
- Can be made with whole-wheat pasta and whatever pasta shape you wish.
You will need a large 2.5-3 litre capacity ovenproof dish to make this bake. Reduce the cooking time by about 5 minutes if made as individual servings.
Warm winter salad
This yummy salad goes well with pasta dishes.
Grate red cabbage, white cabbage and carrot. Thinly slice spring onions. Toss together in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Heat for a few minutes then add baby spinach and cook for a few more minutes. Drizzle with avocado oil and serve with pasta bake.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us