Tuna pasta bake
(at time of publication)
- 400g small pasta (such as risoni)
- 25g reduced-fat spread
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups skim milk
- 1 cup freshly grated reduced-fat cheese
- 2 x 180g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish (see tips). Preheat oven to 190°C.
2 To make sauce, melt spread in a pan. Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute then gradually add milk to make a thick sauce. Remove from heat and stir in herbs and half the cheese.
3 Add drained pasta to sauce with remaining ingredients. Spoon into baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve sprinkled with parsley and Warm winter salad on the side (see tips).
Serve with Warm winter salad (see tip).
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and gluten-free cornflour instead of flour.
- Can be made with whole-wheat pasta and whatever pasta shape you wish.
You will need a large 2.5-3 litre capacity ovenproof dish to make this bake. Reduce the cooking time by about 5 minutes if made as individual servings.
Warm winter salad
This yummy salad goes well with pasta dishes:
Grate red cabbage, white cabbage and carrot. Thinly slice spring onions. Toss together in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Heat for a few minutes then add baby spinach and cook for a few more minutes. Drizzle with avocado oil and serve with pasta bake.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information