Vege-full chilli with corn quinoa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup liquid no-added-sal chicken stock
- 420g can chilli beans
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup liquid no-added-salt chicken stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Heat oil in a large pan. Cook carrots, courgettes, spring onions and spices for 3 minutes. Add mince and stir-fry for 5 minutes until browned.
2 Add first measure of stock and chilli beans. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, combine quinoa, second measure of stock and water in a pot. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and add corn, rocket and paprika. Stir through.
4 Serve chilli with quinoa and mashed avocado. Garnish with cheese.
Make it gluten free: Check smoked paprika and ground cumin are gluten free and use gluten-free stock.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)